Our tips for
the little ones
Vienna has a lot to offer, also for children. You can find a small selection of our personal tips here.
Restaurants and cafés
Where to go when it's too rainy, cold or hot? We suggest these places to you:
- Zoom Ozean Children's museum for the youngest. Tip: online registration
- Haus des Meeres Escape during rain, rainforest, aquarium, observation deck, climbing wall, playground, store
- Naturhistorisches Museum moving dinosaur, meteorite collection, digital planetarium, Venus of Willendorf, etc.
- Technisches Museum Airplanes, cars, hamster wheel to generate your own electricity, children's playground, technical devices to try out, nice store, right next to Schönbrunn
- Hauptbibliothek Escape place when it rains. Children's corner. Just sit in it and read until the bad weather has cleared away.
Exploring the city with kids or enjoying nature. We like to do that best here:
- Schönbrunner Tiergarten oldest zoo in the world, playground, large park
- Old Danube swimming, pedal boating, eating ice cream
- Böhmischer Prater a bit out of the way, but next to a primeval forest. Historical carousels, rattling roller coasters, can shooting, etc. rather for smaller children, Punch and Judy shows, langos, quaint Vienna (or Prollo).
- Grüner Prater lots of meadow for running around, chestnut trees, playgrounds, tobogganing and snowball fights in winter
- Christkindlmarkt at Karlsplatz: pedal carousel, delicious waffles, petting zoo, beautiful scenery