The Altstadt Vienna was the 1st hotel in Vienna to be awarded with the Austrian eco-label Green Hotel. And today we wear it with more pride than ever. We are committed to acting in a future-oriented manner. Not only from a strategic business point of view, but also and in particular with regard for sustainability and the conservation of our natural resources. Regional and seasonal foods or the conscious use of water, energy and waste are important and a matter of course for us.
The Austrian Eco-label
As Vienna's 1st hotel to be certified with the Austrian Eco-label, social and ecological sustainability is an essential part of our corporate philosophy. We want to create awareness, optimise the use of resources and minimise our ecological footprint. By eating as much organic and regional food as possible, we look after your health and that of all of us. This only makes sense if we work together. With our staff, suppliers and you, our guests. Join us! There is still a lot to do. We constantly want to improve. Share your ideas with us!
The focus is on people
A business is only as good as its employees allow. Your service team is expected to radiate sincerity and readily give its best. It is for this reason that we see people as a whole, and incorporate all aspects of what goes into making a pleasant workplace in the way we treat them and one another.
- a freshly cooked, hot lunch for our team every day as a get-together
- an annual public transport pass for environmentally friendly transport for full-time employees
- monthly jour fixes for social exchange
- annual company excursions to other cities e.g. Barcelona, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Naples, Athens, Madrid
- Long-term and individual working schedule and holiday planning
- Motivation through training and opportunities for active participation in the company
- Responsibility for young people by training the next generation in apprenticeships and internships
- Promotion of refugees in apprenticeships
- Raising awareness for diversity management and gender equality
- Physiotherapeutic training and massages as needed to relieve physical workloads
- Social commitment in own projects or through financial support of external projects
- Welcome gift for guests arriving in an eco-friendly way by train or bicycle
- 24, 48 and 72 hour public transport and Vienna maps available at reception
- Area map with local restaurants, public transport, city bikes and recommendations for the neighbourhood
- Insider tips and Local Hero series on our website as a reference to the creative diversity of the city
- fresh milk and eggs from regional organic farming
- Cult-Caffé and tea from English Tea Shop certified organic and fairtrade
- Best organic tea from Sonnentor, organic bread from Öfferl, organic ham from Thum, organic muesli from Verival
- Organic chocolate from Schokov, organic juices from Rauch and much more
- Increased focus on regional and seasonal products: Preiss fruit juices from the Traisental, Viennese honey, Staud's jams, Vienna Gin, Fuxbau Gin from Styria and many more.
- Viennese wines from the wineries: Fuhrgassl Huber, Wieninger, Lenikus, Christ, Lentner and many more
- Gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan products available
- Create awareness: Informing guests and staff about environmental activities
- Encouraging our guests to actively participate in the implementation of environmental ideas
- Continuous optimisation towards more efficient use of energy and water
- electricity from over 100% renewable energy sources
- Continuous purchase of energy-saving equipment and increasing installation of LED lamps
- Measures to reduce water consumption in rooms and in laundry use
- Avoidance of water pollution through sparing use of environmentally friendly cleaning agents
- Conscious purchasing to reduce waste, transport routes and support of local businesses
- Separation and environmentally sound recycling of non-avoidable waste
- Promotion of reusable containers in the company
- Air-conditioning with individual and central controls
- Use of office paper & production of external printed matter with eco-labels
Would you like some more information? Or do you have suggestions and ideas? Send us an email. Thank you for your support. We are constantly improving our environmental performance.